Things You Never Knew Existed
Things You Never Knew Existed.com is the place to shop for novelties, gag gifts and hilarious t-shirts. We also offer magic tricks, novelty collectibles and bizarre toys, books and videos. Recycle
Friday, December 11, 2015
Every year, I look for a great gag gift for my sister. And, since I work at Things You Never Knew Existed...let's just say I have yet to fail at finding the perfect Thing for my sis.

Now I know why I do the Things I do, but I started wondering: why do other people give gag gifts on Christmas? So I poked around the Internet and this is what I found:
  1. Tradition. A lot of families have been giving doing it for years. And many can't tell you how it even started! But they've been stuffing stockings and gift boxes with pranks for as long as they can remember.
  2. Fun. Sure a sweater is nice. And that new cell phone is smart and super cool. But what's more fun than  unwrapping someThing that's totally unexpected and makes everyone laugh?
  3. Payback. Lots of people give gag gifts as gifting-in-kind for Christmases past. My sister should learn this one. I've been "paying it forward" all these years and she's yet to give me one gag gift!
I always give my sis a traditional gift, too. But more often than not, it's the gag gift that wins the day. Or at least all the laughs!

See you next week,
Bobby
 
Posted by: Bobby | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.