Things You Never Knew Existed
Things You Never Knew Existed.com is the place to shop for novelties, gag gifts and hilarious t-shirts. We also offer magic tricks, novelty collectibles and bizarre toys, books and videos. Recycle
Friday, November 3, 2017
This Sunday most of us will be compelled to 'Fall Back' by setting our clocks back one hour. Did I mention how much I despise the time change? I think I did...once or twice or a hundred times. But, hey, I'm not here to complain. (This week.)

I'm here to say, "Grab hold of your 'extra' hour on Sunday and don't let go!" Think about it: we've been OWED that hour since we were so inhumanely forced to Spring Forward. (But who's bitter? Not me.)

Soooo...moving right along...there's some good news from the belly of this beastly madness: we're getting our hour back on Sunday.
w00t!

Now that's someThing to celebrate, don't you think? I'm guessing that's why some brainiac blogger came up with a new holiday ‐ Zero Tasking Day - on the day we Fall Back. Grab your so‐called 'extra' hour (along with the rest of the day!) and use it for whatever you want.

        Nap? Great!
        Two naps? Greater!
        Three naps (aka sleeping all day)? SpecTACular!

Not a good napper? Yeah, me either. But that doesn't mean you have to miss out on your Slothful Sunday. You could read a book. Listen to music. Watch TV. Or just sit there staring into space ‐ as long as you don't do One Single Thing.

What am I doing? #MovieDay! It's gonna be all movies. All. The. Time.

I can't even be bothered to search for someThing to stream online. I just laid in a stock of DVDs. I've got my comedies: the Stooges and wild man Jeff Dunham. I've got classic horror flicks from Vincent Price to Bella Lugosi. I've got a Wide World of Weird and Wonderful Things to watch, including a collection of bizarre Things that happened right here in America and a new video about visionary Nikola Tesla, which I've been dying to watch but I couldn't find the time. (Oh, the irony, right?) I even got pre‐bagged popcorn because even microwaving is a task, isn't it? And Zero Tasking means 0 ‐ as in not even one, right?

Pretty sure I'm getting the hang of Zero Tasking Day already. And if Things go as planned, I think I'm gonna like this new holiday. A lot.

See you next week,
Bobby
Posted by: Bobby | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.