Things You Never Knew Existed
Things You Never Knew Existed.com is the place to shop for novelties, gag gifts and hilarious t-shirts. We also offer magic tricks, novelty collectibles and bizarre toys, books and videos. Recycle
Friday, July 15, 2016
This is apparently a Thing now, according to Christianity Today — if you tithe 10% of your income to the church, but feel like the blessings you receive don't add up to the amount you give, several churches will give you your money back.

No kidding.

It seems to have started with Pastor Perry Noble of the NewSpring megachurch. It's his version of a money back guarantee and it's inspired by a passage in the Old Testament:
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. ~Malachi. 3:10
According to Pastor Noble, "God literally says, ‘Test me out, see if I’m God,’ You and I cannot out-give him.” And so far he seems to be right. Of more than 7,000 parishioners who took the pledge, only 20 have taken advantage of the money back guarantee.

So maybe it really works. In any case, it has to be better than giving a percentage to the government. I never feel like I get my money's worth with them. And there are no refunds.

See you next week,
Bobby

Posted by: Bobby | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.